Read our review of The Marineland magnum polishing internal canister filter to find out if it is suitable for your use. It incorporates two refillable chambers to customize filter media or carbon. It is one of the most versatile filters which the Marineland company has rolled out.
- Uses a powerful three stage filtration process to clean the water
- The option of water polishing tends to remove the fine debris in water making it crystal clear
- There is no need for any priming. The motor set up is quick and easy
- It can filter 290 gallons of water and is more than beneficial for aquariums up to 97 gallons.
The filter is easy to clean. Generally this is pretty easy to use and a well-made product.
First impressions of Magnum Polishing Internal Filter
The motor is durable and starting easy. The price of the product stands at a reasonable level, actually comparing its features to other filters, its price is at very reasonable level.
The Presence of a dual chamber media container provides customizable media options, making it ideal for almost all types of aquarium environments as you can customize it! The blue, and black diamond filters are included.
The main benefits of this model are that it really prevents any form of premature clogging, and it provides you with crystal clear water.
How does the canister filter work?
There is a three stage water filtration along with water polishing.
- Mechanical filtration. The floss traps the debris. To get the best results, you need to replace or rinse the sleeve on a monthly basis.
- Chemical filtration. The carbon media tends to remove the odor along with the impurities in water.
- Biological filtration. The presence of dual chamber design, which has a large surface area encourages the growth of Bio Spira. That is a beneficial form of bacteria which prevents nitrates and ammonia to take center stage.
- Water polishing. Here the micron cartridge tends to remove the debris in water making it crystal clear on all counts. You can go on to charge the cartridge with diatomaceous to enhance its efficiency.
What customers have to say about this product?
On the positive side of things users like the versatility of the filter. It tends to polish the particles that cannot be spotted with the naked eye and in the process, the water is as clean as glass. It has an excellent price point and provides you a true value for your money. The best part about this product is that it is ideal for all the aquariums.
On the negative side of things, you need to put it on in a proper manner and then adjust to get the best results. The product could be a bit more complicated to use compared to simple models. Some users say that the use of it for the first few months was great, but then it started to make a noise. However, we have not verified that.
Final thoughts – should you buy it?
It is indeed great to use and keeps water clean. It makes some amount of noise when it is ready to be cleaned, and that’s actually a quite nice feature. When you clean it becomes super quiet again! No doubt to the fact that it is doing its job very well. When you take it apart to clean the filter it is also easy to do. All this maintenance tends to take a couple of minutes at the most. On a word of caution if your tank is bigger one, then it is suggested that you switch over to the micron cartridge.
We will give the rare five stars for this filter. That is because of crystal clear results it provides with it’s sophisticated filtration system. Furthermore, the five stars comes also because of value for money it gives.
Hopefully, you found some helpful things and ideas from this post! If you have any questions or comments about the products, please leave a reply below! Read our other fish tank filter reviews and find out more essential information about aquarium care.